Information and services website for entrepreneurs

Submit application for repeal or amendment of a final decision

Your decision is final and you want to amend it? Check below when and how you can do it.

How to proceed

This procedure can be completed:

  • at an office
  • by post
  • electronically

What you should know and who can use this service

You can use the repeal or amendment of the decision when your decision is final.  Final decisions are those which cannot be appealed or an application for retrial may not be submitted (e.g. when the deadline for lodging an appeal or requesting retrial already expired).  
This will be the case as the decision depends also on whether under the decision the party acquired any right (e.g. has obtained a licence, authorisation or permit).  If no party has acquired any right, the decision may be revoked or amended at any time by the authority which issued it, where this is compatible with the public interest or legitimate interest of the party.  Where, pursuant to decisions, the party has acquired a right then amendment or repeal of this decision could take place after the consent of the party who acquired those rights.

When you should complete this procedure

At any time

Where you can complete this procedure

You can complete this procedure at:

  • District Medical and Veterinary Chamber
  • District Offices
  • Marshal Offices
  • city/town or commune (gmina) offices
  • Voivodship Labour Offices
  • Voivodship Offices
  • Voivodship Police Headquarters
  • Education Offices
  • Inland Waterway Offices
  • Voivodship Pharmaceutical Inspectorates
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Agricultural and Food Quality
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Plant Health and Seed Inspection
  • District Chamber of Nurses and Midwives
  • District Pharmaceutical Chambers
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Building Control
  • District Inspectorates of Building Control
  • District Sanitary-Epidemiological Stations
  • District Sea Fisheries Inspectorates
  • cities with poviat status
  • Krajowy Ośrodek Wsparcia Rolnictwa
  • Bialskopodlaska Izba Gospodarcza
  • Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych
  • Główny Inspektorat Farmaceutyczny
  • Główny Inspektorat Jakości Handlowej Artykułów Rolno-Spożywczych
  • Główny Urząd Miar
  • Główny Inspektorat Weterynarii
  • Komenda Główna Policji
  • Krajowa Izba Doradców Podatkowych
  • Ministerstwo Finansów
  • Ministerstwo Infrastruktury
  • Ministerstwo Rolnictwa i Rozwoju Wsi
  • Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji
  • Ministerstwo Sprawiedliwości
  • Ministerstwo Klimatu i Środowiska
  • Ministerstwo Zdrowia
  • Narodowy Bank Polski
  • Państwowa Agencja Atomistyki
  • Polski Klub Wyścigów Konnych
  • Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej
  • Urząd Lotnictwa Cywilnego
  • Urząd Transportu Kolejowego
  • Wyższy Urząd Górniczy
  • Główny Inspektorat Transportu Drogowego
  • Urząd Patentowy Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej
  • Urząd Rejestracji Produktów Leczniczych, Wyrobów Medycznych i Produktów Biobójczych
  • Urząd Dozoru Technicznego
  • Centrum Organizacyjno-Koordynacyjne do Spraw Transplantacji "POLTRANSPLANT"
  • Komisja Nadzoru Audytowego
  • Generalna Dyrekcja Ochrony Środowiska
  • Krajowa Izba Diagnostów Laboratoryjnych
  • Urząd Komisji Nadzoru Finansowego

Submit application to the authority that issued the decision.

Enter the chosen location.

What to do step by step

  1. Submit an application for revoking (amendment) of a final decision


  1. The authority will check your application

The authority examines the case in formal and substantive terms, e.g. whether you are the party to the proceedings.

  1. You will receive a decision on repeal or amendment of a decision

Note that the authority may also refuse to amend or repeal the decision.


You will receive a document as:

How much you will have to pay

The service is free of charge

How long you will have to wait

Your case will be settled within one month. This period may be extended to two months, subject to notification by the official.

How can you appeal

The decision to amend or repeal it is a decision in first instance.  If you are dissatisfied with this decision, you may appeal against it.  
For more information on appeal against a decision issued in first instance go the portal

Good to know

In addition, any final decision may be repealed or amended by the Minister to a necessary extent if it is not possible :  

  • to avert a state of affairs that endangers human life or health, 
  • prevent serious damage to the national economy or important interests of the State.  

The same powers has the Governor in relation to decisions issued by local government bodies on matters falling within the scope of public administration.  If as a result of the repeal or amendment of the decision you have suffered actual injury, you are entitled to compensation.  Please note that the right to compensation shall not be brought after the expiration of 3 years from the date on which the decision revoking or amending the decision has become final.

Was this page useful?