Information and services website for entrepreneurs

Application for the resumption of proceedings

The authority has suspended your proceedings. Would you like it to start again? See below how you can do this.

How to proceed

This procedure can be completed:

  • at an office
  • by post
  • electronically

What you should know and who can use this service

When your proceedings have been suspended - you can take advantage of the suspended proceedings service - and restore the continuity of the case.

You can submit an application even if you were not involved in the previous proceedings.

Submit an application when:

  • the proceedings concern your legal interest or duties, i.e. you are a party to the proceedings, and
  • there is no longer any reason for suspending the proceedings.

You can request that your case be dealt with again if one or more of the following situations arise:

1. You have received a decision on the preliminary issue (a decision of another authority concerning your case).
2.The court or parties have appointed new legal representatives in place of those who have lost legal capacity or died in the course of the proceedings.
3. The court has appointed legal representatives for parties who have become incapacitated in the course of the proceedings.
4. You managed to identify the legal successor of the deceased during the proceedings. You can confirm this with an appropriate document:

  • judicial confirmation of the acquisition of the succession, or
  • notarial certificate of inheritance.

5. The court appointed a guardian of the court because one of the parties died during the proceedings and no legal successors were identified.

If you are looking for information on how to suspend proceedings, use the Suspension of Proceedings service.

When you should complete this procedure

You have 3 years to apply. The time limit starts from the date of suspension of proceedings.

If you do not do so, the authority will discontinue the proceedings.

Where you can complete this procedure

You can complete this procedure at:

  • District Medical and Veterinary Chamber
  • District Offices
  • Marshal Offices
  • city/town or commune (gmina) offices
  • Voivodship Labour Offices
  • Voivodship Offices
  • Voivodship Police Headquarters
  • Education Offices
  • Inland Waterway Offices
  • Voivodship Pharmaceutical Inspectorates
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Agricultural and Food Quality
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Plant Health and Seed Inspection
  • District Chamber of Nurses and Midwives
  • District Pharmaceutical Chambers
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Building Control
  • District Inspectorates of Building Control
  • District Sanitary-Epidemiological Stations
  • District Sea Fisheries Inspectorates
  • cities with poviat status
  • Krajowy Ośrodek Wsparcia Rolnictwa
  • Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych
  • Główny Inspektorat Farmaceutyczny
  • Główny Inspektorat Jakości Handlowej Artykułów Rolno-Spożywczych
  • Główny Urząd Miar
  • Główny Inspektorat Weterynarii
  • Komenda Główna Policji
  • Krajowa Izba Doradców Podatkowych
  • Ministerstwo Finansów
  • Ministerstwo Rozwoju i Technologii
  • Ministerstwo Infrastruktury
  • Ministerstwo Rolnictwa i Rozwoju Wsi
  • Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji
  • Ministerstwo Sprawiedliwości
  • Ministerstwo Klimatu i Środowiska
  • Ministerstwo Zdrowia
  • Narodowy Bank Polski
  • Państwowa Agencja Atomistyki
  • Polski Klub Wyścigów Konnych
  • Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej
  • Urząd Lotnictwa Cywilnego
  • Urząd Transportu Kolejowego
  • Wyższy Urząd Górniczy
  • Główny Inspektorat Transportu Drogowego
  • Urząd Patentowy Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej
  • Urząd Rejestracji Produktów Leczniczych, Wyrobów Medycznych i Produktów Biobójczych
  • Urząd Dozoru Technicznego
  • Centrum Organizacyjno-Koordynacyjne do Spraw Transplantacji "POLTRANSPLANT"
  • Generalna Dyrekcja Ochrony Środowiska
  • Krajowa Izba Diagnostów Laboratoryjnych
  • Urząd Komisji Nadzoru Finansowego
  • Polska Agencja Nadzoru Audytowego

The authority competent for processing the application is the authority which issued the decision on the stay of proceeding.

Enter the chosen location.

What to do step by step

  1. Submit an application

The authority that has suspended the proceedings will accept your application. Write in your application why the suspended proceedings can be carried out again.


Time limit

You have 3 years to apply. The time limit starts from the date of suspension of proceedings.

If you do not do so, the authority will discontinue the proceedings.

  1. The authority will check your application

If the authority notices deficiencies, it will ask you to make up for them. You will have at least 7 days to make up for the deficiencies. Remember that if you do not complete them, your application will not be considered any further.

The authority will check:

  • the circumstances you specified in your application,
  • whether you have submitted an application within 3 years of the suspension of the proceedings,
  • whether you can file such an application, i.e. whether you are a party to the proceedings.

  1. You will receive a decision

The authority will inform you whether or not to resume suspended proceedings.

If you are not the only party to the proceedings, the authority will also notify the other parties of its decision.


How much you will have to pay

The service is free of charge

How long you will have to wait

Your case will be settled within one month. This period may be extended to two months, subject to notification by the official.

How can you appeal

You can complain about a decision to refuse to resume the suspended proceedings. You have 7 days to do this.

However, you cannot make a complaint when the authority resumes proceedings. You can appeal only after the authority has completed the proceedings. Then you can appeal against the decision. You have 14 days to do so.

Was this page useful?