TACHOGRAPHS CARDS - HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Vehicles used in road transport or carriage for own account with the maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5 tonnes, as welll as vehicles dedicated to transport more than 9 persons including driver ( with some exceptions), must be fitted with a device recording driving time, so-called a tachograph.
Obligation to use digital tachographs within EU territory entered into force on 1 May, 2006 after publication of Regulation(EC) No 561/2006 of Parliament and the Council of Europe.
Polish Security Printing Works issues digital tachograph cards, enabling to use devices and read data. One may submit applications for issuing:
- The driver card - for drivers carrying out transport by vehicles fitted with digital tachographs to record driving time and distance (see the description of the procedure, and information on the required documents).
- A company card — for companies providing transport services of people and goods and used for locking and unlocking the tachographs in order to secure access to company data (see the description of the procedure, and information on the required documents).
- Workshop card — for authorised technicians who maintain digital tachographs. These cards are securedby PIN and personalised for the workshop technician (see the description of the procedure, and information on the required documents).
- Control card - for transport control bodies in order to collect data and control a driver and his work (see the description of the procedure, and information on the required documents).
Before you fill in an application you should check what documents are required. Read the instructions for completion of applications. On the website of Polish Security Printing Works , in the description of each procedure (references above), you can find a list of the most frequent errors.
Fees for issuing cards (gross):
- The driver's card PLN 169,74
- The company card PLN 282,90
- The service card PLN 282,90
- The control card PLN 237,64
There is also the possibility of completing applications in electronic form.
Polish Security Printing Works also runs a Register of lost and damaged cards Here you can complete the notification of the card loss or damage. There is also the possibility of checking the status of an application for a digital tachograph card.
In the case of a foreigner applying for a driver's card, PSPW may require that additional documents are attached to an application. For further information on this subject please contact PWPW helpline.