Before You Start Before You Start
Starting a Business Starting a Business
Tax obligations Tax obligations
Social security Social security
Running a business Running a business
Closing a business Closing a business

Formy prowadzenia działalności gospodarczej

When registering business activity, you have various legal forms to choose from. The two principle forms are: sole tradership and limited liabilty company (find out more).

Choose the form of comapny that you are interested in and find out how to set it up. 

  • A sole tradership,
  • civil law partnership,
  • Limited liability company company.
  • online
  • in a traditional manner
  • Registered partnership
  • Limited partnership

There are many other legal forms in which you may conduct business activity, but are rarely chosen by entrepreneurs commencing activity.

We have created an interactive guide - Registration of business activity, which contains information about particular legal forms, and instructions on how to proceed with registration of a chosen form.

If you do not know which form to choose, we will help you. Please refer to additional information. 

Foreigners, including EU citizens

If you are a citizen of another EU Member State, you can register business activity on the basis of the same principles as citizens of Poland.

If you are a citizen of the EU, who has a registered business activity in your Member State, you may provide services in Poland through a branch of your enterprise or on the basis of temporary cross-border provision of services.

You take the same steps if you are a Polish citizen and you have registered business activity in another EU Member State.

If you are a foreigner from beyond the EU, depending on the country of origin, the possibility of registering business activity may be restricted. Just like in the case EU citizens, if you have a registered business activity in your native country, you can operate in Poland through a branch of your enterprise.

Share Print