Regardless of whether you set up a small company in the CEIDG or a company registered in the National Court Register, remember that after registration of your company you will have several important duties.

Social Insurance Institution (ZUS)

Although  registration of a company to ZUS as the payer of the contributions is automatic, remember that you need to report yourself to insurance (if you are self-employed or a shareholder in a company),  your employees and if they cooperate with you - family members.  Information on the registration in ZUS can be found in the section Application for insurance.

More information on the obligations towards the Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) can be found in the section Social security.

You are insured in KRUS (you are a farmer or a member of his family member) and you want to start up a business, you can be an entrepreneur and remain in the KRUS under certain conditions.   Find out more about insurance with the KRUS.

The tax office — value added tax (VAT)

When registering a company in the CEIDG or KRUS,  ZUS and the tax office will be automatically notified of this registration  (companies submit NIP-8 form with supplementary data). Please note, however, that if you become a VAT payer, you must also register as a taxpayer by submitting VAT-R form (more about it here).

Read more about tax settlements.

Notification and identification numbers

To conduct business in Poland two numbers are required - Tax Identification Number (NIP), which is also used in the case of  registration of the person liable to pay VAT and a statistical number -REGON  which serves the purpose of identification and statistical reporting (indicated also on the stamp of the company). Entities registered in the National  Court Register shall in addition receive a number in this register.

Remember!  You do not have to submit separate documents for assigning  NIP and REGON when you register a company in the CEIDG or KRS.  These numbers will be assigned automatically upon registration.  An exception is a partnership, in this case, you will have to submit RG-OP form to GUS and NIP-2 to the tax office (more on registration of a civil-law partnership, you can find out in the article CEIDG — partnership).

Information on assigning NIP should be submitted to the CEIDG by the tax office not later than the next working day following the date of receipt of the correct application from the CEIDG.   The transmission of information on assigning NIP to the National Court Register, may take place within 3 days.

How can you find out if you already have NIP?  This can easily be checked online in your entry in the CEIDG/KRS.  If you have entered your e-mail address in the application (for correspondence with the authority), you will receive the information on your email about assigning NIP, REGON and any other change of the status of your entry in the CEIDG.

Note!  All activities related to an entry in the CEIDG -  kept by the Minister of Development  are FREE OF CHARGE.  All cases of offering entry in the register of entrepreneurs for payment of a fee should be treated with caution as these are commercial offers.

In the framework of the registration procedure, the National Labour Inspectorate and the State Sanitary Inspectorate are automatically notified. They shall carry out controls in the field of health and safety at work.

Read more about labour law and the recruitment of staff, marketing and promotion of your business, rights and obligations and other questions related to the exercise of a business activity.  Go to the section I run my own business.

Cash register

If you intend to sell goods or services to consumers, you probably have to buy and register a cash register.  You can find out more about it in the section Cash register.

Regulated activity

Many activities require additional authorisations, this is so-called regulated activity (read more).   If you wish to pursue a regulated activity, you should register it with the competent authorities.  You can do this via

Business account

As an entrepreneur you need an account for settlements with counterparties and payments of taxes and contributions to ZUS.  Read more about the operation of non-cash means of payment.

If you want to be an entrepreneur entered in the CEIDG, you do not always have to open an additional business account.  Check whether you need an additional bank account.

You give the account number during registration or amendment of the entry in CEIDG-1 or NIP-8 form, in the case of companies registered in the National Court Register.  If you have not done it or you want to change the bank, read the article Where to open an account?  The offers of bank accounts for new businesses.

Keeping records

When registering in CEIDG you choose  the form of  keeping accounts and you do not need to notify separately the tax office.  Remember, however,  that you are obliged to keep various records (employees, book of control, waste management).  Read more in the guide I keep records.

Accounting office

If you have a lot of obligations related to running your company, some of them, in particular those concerning administrative affairs, settlements with offices, etc. you can entrust to an external company.  Use the advice from the article The choice of an accounting office.



Prowadzę firmę >> << Rejestracja działalności


Share Print