In order to obtain a licence for transport of goods from the quota specified for the given year, you need to submit a relevant application (order). Read below to find out how to apply.
How to proceed
This procedure can be completed:
- at an office
- by post
What you should know and who can use this service
An business operator who is a transport operator may apply to the General Inspectorate of Road Transport (GITD) for a foreign licence for international transport of goods from the quota specified for the given year if they hold:
- a valid Community licence or a licence for own-account road transport
- valid copies of the licence or licence for own-account road transport, in an amount of no more than the number of vehicles registered with the Polish General Inspectorate of Road Traffic (and to which the entrepreneur holds a legal title to dispose of vehicles as of the day of collecting the licences)
The Rules of issuing licences are published on the website of GITD.
Foreign transport licence - is a document received under an international agreement from a competent body of another country or an international organisation, which GITD (as a competent authority in Poland) forwards to the transport operator. With this licence an operator may carry out (single or multiple) international road transport operations, from and to the territory of the country specified in the licence, or with transit through its territory.
When you should complete this procedure
At any time
Where you can complete this procedure
GŁÓWNY INSPEKTORAT TRANSPORTU DROGOWEGO
Biuro do spraw Transportu Międzynarodowego
What to do step by step
Placing an order
The application should specify how many specific licences you are requesting.
You can submit a document as:
If your application has formal defects (such as mistakes or missing documents), the office will request that you correct those defects within the given time limit. If you fail to do that within the indicated time limit, your order will not be processed.
Shipment of ordered documents by courier service (paid on delivery)
In accordance with the order placed, the General Inspectorate of Road Transport (GITD) will send the documents to the address indicated in the order.
How much you will have to pay
The fee depends on the number and type of requested licences for a specific country.
Examples of fees for foreign tranaport licences:
- for a single operation of transport of goods - PLN 50 for each journey
- for multiple operations of transport of goods with a specified number of journeys - product of the number of journeys and the fee of PLN 50 for each journey
- for multiple operations of transport of goods without a limited number of journeys - PLN 1800
The fee is paid to the account of GITD upon placing the order.
How long you will have to wait
The provisions do not specify the duration of this service.