Information and services website for entrepreneurs

Submit an application to repeal or amend a final decision

Your decision is final but you want to amend it? Find out below when and how you may do it.

How to proceed

This procedure can be completed:

  • at an office
  • by post
  • electronically

What you should know and who can use this service

You can repeal or amend a decision once it is final. A decision is final when it cannot be appealed against or when you cannot file an application for re-examination of the case (e.g. when the deadline for an appeal or an application to have the case re-examined has already expired).
The procedure for repealing or amending a decision depends on whether any parties have acquired any rights as a result of the decision (such as a licence, authorisation or permit). If no party has acquired any right, the decision may be repealed or amended at any time by the authority which issued it, provided this is in line with the public interest or any legitimate interests of the party. If as a result of such decision a party has acquired a right, then this decision may be repealed or amended only if the party who has acquired those rights consents to such repeal or amendment.

When you should complete this procedure

At any time

Where you can complete this procedure

You can complete this procedure at:

  • District Medical and Veterinary Chamber
  • District Offices
  • Marshal Offices
  • city/town or commune (gmina) offices
  • Voivodship Labour Offices
  • Voivodship Offices
  • Voivodship Police Headquarters
  • Education Offices
  • Inland Waterway Offices
  • Voivodship Pharmaceutical Inspectorates
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Agricultural and Food Quality
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Plant Health and Seed Inspection
  • District Chamber of Nurses and Midwives
  • District Pharmaceutical Chambers
  • Voivodship Inspectorates of Building Control
  • District Inspectorates of Building Control
  • District Sanitary-Epidemiological Stations
  • District Sea Fisheries Inspectorates
  • cities with poviat status
  • Krajowy Ośrodek Wsparcia Rolnictwa
  • Bialskopodlaska Izba Gospodarcza
  • Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych
  • Główny Inspektorat Farmaceutyczny
  • Główny Inspektorat Jakości Handlowej Artykułów Rolno-Spożywczych
  • Główny Urząd Miar
  • Główny Inspektorat Weterynarii
  • Komenda Główna Policji
  • Krajowa Izba Doradców Podatkowych
  • Ministerstwo Finansów
  • Ministerstwo Infrastruktury
  • Ministerstwo Rolnictwa i Rozwoju Wsi
  • Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych i Administracji
  • Ministerstwo Sprawiedliwości
  • Ministerstwo Klimatu i Środowiska
  • Ministerstwo Zdrowia
  • Narodowy Bank Polski
  • Państwowa Agencja Atomistyki
  • Polski Klub Wyścigów Konnych
  • Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej
  • Urząd Lotnictwa Cywilnego
  • Urząd Transportu Kolejowego
  • Wyższy Urząd Górniczy
  • Główny Inspektorat Transportu Drogowego
  • Urząd Patentowy Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej
  • Urząd Rejestracji Produktów Leczniczych, Wyrobów Medycznych i Produktów Biobójczych
  • Urząd Dozoru Technicznego
  • Centrum Organizacyjno-Koordynacyjne do Spraw Transplantacji "POLTRANSPLANT"
  • Generalna Dyrekcja Ochrony Środowiska
  • Krajowa Izba Diagnostów Laboratoryjnych
  • Urząd Komisji Nadzoru Finansowego
  • Polska Agencja Nadzoru Audytowego

Submit an application to the authority that issued the decision.

Enter the chosen location.

What to do step by step

  1. Submit an application to repeal (or amend) a final decision


  1. The authority will check your application

The authority examines the form and subject matter of the application - for instance verifying whether you are a party to the proceedings.

  1. You will receive a decision on the repeal or amendment of the original decision

Please note that the authority may also refuse to amend or repeal the decision.


You will receive a document as:

How much you will have to pay

The service is free of charge

How long you will have to wait

Your case will be settled within one month. This period may be extended to two months, subject to notification by the official.

How can you appeal

The decision issued in the procedure for the repeal or amendment is a first instance decision. If you disagree with this decision, you may appeal against it.
For more information on appealing against a first instance decision go to:

Good to know

Also, any final decisions may be repealed or amended by the Minister as far as necessary, if it is the only way to: 

  • put an end to a situation that endangers human life or health, 
  • prevent serious damage to the national economy or important interests of the State.  

The head of the province [wojewoda] has the same powers in relation to decisions issued by local government bodies on matters falling within the scope of public administration. If as a result of the repeal or amendment of the decision you have suffered actual damage, you are entitled to compensation. Please note that the right to compensation expires after 3 years from the date on which the decision to revoke or amend the original decision has become final.

Was this page useful?