Information and services website for entrepreneurs

Certificate stating the nature, period and type of activity performed in Poland

Do you want to leave Poland to carry out regulated activity in another EU country? In order to do so, obtain a certificate which confirms your professional experience gained in Poland. Find out how you can obtain it.

How to proceed

This procedure can be completed:

  • at an office
  • by post
  • electronically

What you should know and who can use this service

In the EU countries as well as in Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland you can carry out the same activity as in Poland. This is also possible if it is regulated in your country.

You can confirm your professional experience gained in Poland. Obtain a certificate stating the nature, period and type of activity. It concerns legal full-time (for a specified period of time) or part-time (for a correspondingly longer period of time).

When you should complete this procedure

At any time

Where you can complete this procedure

You can complete this procedure at:

  • Marshal Offices

File an application with the office that is competent for:

  • your place of residence
  • your last place of business or employment (including if you were a manager of a company) - if you do not live in Poland
To find out where to complete service enter
If you are not an entrepreneur, provide place of residence.

What to do step by step

  1. Apply for issuance of the certificate

If you want to receive a certificate in the form of an electronic document, write it in your application.


  1. The Office will formally and substantially assess your application

If your application contains formal defects (e.g. you make a mistake in the application or do not enclose the necessary documents), the office will call you to correct the errors. You will have at least 7 days for corrections. If you do not correct the errors within the set deadline, your case will not be processed any further.

If the office deems it necessary, it can also investigate your case.

  1. You will receive a certificate of activity in Poland

If your application is correct, you will receive a certificate.


How much you will have to pay

84 zł

Pay the fee to the bank account of the office that is to issue the certificate to you.

How long you will have to wait

You will receive the certificate within 7 days.

How can you appeal

If the office does not issue you with a certificate, you can lodge a complaint. Do this within 7 days of receiving the decision. Submit a complaint to the local council of appeal through the office that dealt with your case.

Was this page useful?